Thank you for visiting Solar Energy News. It's my hope that this site will help promote the use of Solar Energy, and reduce dependency of Oil and other non-renewable forms of energy.
What type of hybrid automobiles will be available in 2007?
2007 looks like a great year for all types of hybrid automobiles. There are many new ones being created and many that are being redesigned. The future of the automobile is in the hybrid fashion.
Here is a rundown of what you can look forward to in 2007 hybrids.
• Dodge Caliber – a unique SUV minivan that is similar to a coupe. Power comes from Mitsubishi/Chrysler joint-venture gas engine range and a VW-sourced 2.0-liter/140-hp diesel for overseas markets.
• Dodge Nitro – This is a jeep liberty dodge sport and utility type vehicle. It is a midsize 4-wheel drive and a four speed automatic.
• Fisker Tramonto – This one boasts more than 600 horsepower.
• Ford Edge – Sports wagon
• Ford Explorer Sport Trac – Longer bed, wider, with an independent rear suspension
• Ford F-150 – Still on the drawing board but has great potential with a 6.2-liter engine and will produce 350 horsepower.
• Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500 – This is one mustang even environmentalist will love with a 5.4 liter engine and style that you can only get with a Ford Mustang
• Ford Super Duty – This work truck is getting an overhaul. Its 6.0-liter engine will now be a 6.4 liter that has even more power than before.
• GMC Yukon – Another redesign with a drivetrain available.
• Honda Fit – This is an excellent import from Honda that the US will begin to enjoy in 2007
• Hummer H2 – new aerodynamics and larger room for the 6.6-liter Duramax turbodiesel engine.
• Hyundai Sante Fe – A redesign with engine choices of 2.7L, 3.8L V-6. Will also include three rows of seating.
• Hyundai Tiburon – Sporting a supercharged 2.7-liter V-6 engine mated to a six-speed manual transaxle.
• Isuzu Trooper – Seven passenger SUV
• Jaguar XK – All Aluminum bodied.
• Jeep Patriot – Of course a jeep but with new off road technology that only Jeep can deliver
• Jeep Scout – A competitive compact SUV that is offering a new three door model for fun
• Jeep Wrangler – Redesign with your choice of either two or four doors.
• Kia Sedona – extended wheelbase offers more payload capacity
• Lamborghini Gallardo – Offered in Roaster form
• Lamborghini SUV – two practical styles the Touareg/Cayenne and the Audi
• Land Rover Freelander – Better looking with a tougher powertrain
• Lexus ES 350 – redesign with power climbs up to 245-hp
• Lexus GS 450h – First luxury hybrid car with rear drive
• Lotus Elise – Redesign of the sports car that will now comply with US safety regulations
• Pontiac GTO – designed for the American market with Chevrolet and Pontiac and General Motors Australian Holden division
• Pontiac Sport Wagon – Sports wagon with V-6 engine
• Porsche Cayman – Boxster style coupe
• Maybach 57S – This unique Mercedes features stronger suspension, 20-inch, 10 spoke wheels and “57S” badging. Only available in black or silver.
• Mazda 3 - MazdaSpeed3 performance
The list goes on and on for the popular hybrid vehicles that will be coming to dealerships all over America in 2007. Check with your local dealerships to learn more about when you test-drive one for yourself. As you can see, hybrids come in sports cars, station wagons, jeeps and even luxury cars for the year 2007.